You are here: Home pageMonumentsChurch and Jewish monumentsJewish Monuments

Jewish Monuments


The Jewish Cemetery – Osoblaha

Židovský hřbitov - Osoblaha

This Jewish cemetery is one of the oldest in the Czech Republic and also one of the most precious cultural monuments of the Moravia Silesia Region. The cemetery dates back to the 16thcentury and there are 313 preserved grave stones.

The Orthodox Jewish Synagogue “Schomre-Schabos” – Český Těšín

It is found in one of the row houses that is remarkable because of its façade. Today’s red facade, just like the entire building, was designed by significant town architect Eduard David in 1928.

The Jewish Cemetery – Frýdek-Místek

Židovský hřbitov - Frýdek-Místek

The cemetery was built in 1882. The last funerals were celebrated in the early 1950s and today, the former cemetery building is used by the Seventh-day Adventists as a prayer room.

The Former Jewish Synagogue – Nový Jičín

This separately standing two-story building was designed by Ernst Lindner from Vienna and built by local builder Richard Klosov. From the town’s history and development perspective, it is an important sacral structure, built in the eclectic historicism style, probably in the early 20th century.

The Jewish Cemetery – Hlučín

The cemetery was founded in 1814 and during WWII, grave stones were ordered to be removed by the Nazis. After the liberation in 1945, a portion of the former Jewish cemetery started to be used as a Red Army soldiers’ burial place. Remains from the Jewish cemetery were transferred to another part and covered in dirt. That gave rise to the barrow that can still be seen today.